Lamb Leg Roast

Paleo Gluten-Free Lamb Leg Roast Recipe
Boyfriend went to Thailand this week so we bought me a lot of meat and veg to hopefully last me until he gets back. One of the meats was a lamb leg, so the night before he left I made us a lamb leg roast! I've never cooked lamb leg or even lamb for that matter before and oh my God, this was so good!! Haven't perfected the marination yet but the meat was tender and juicy, definitely will give it a go again. Since my rosemary plant in the backyard is still quite small, I wasn't able to use a lot of it without killing the plant...
 
Ingredients:
lamb leg
rosemary
mustard seeds
salt
pepper
garlic
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 broccoli
  • Grind the mustard seeds.
  • Cut slits in the lamb at 3cm apart and stuff garlic, rosemary and ground mustard seeds in the slits. Salt and pepper the lamb.
  • Place more rosemary sprigs on top and under the lamb.
  • Chop up the sweet potato and broccoli and place them around the lamb.
  • Cook at 180C in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes for every 500g and add another 30 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes before serve.
  • Flip the vegetables every once in a while to cover them with the lamb juices/oil so that they don't get dry and will get tasty with the lamb flavour!

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment