Beef Mince Potjie

Paleo Gluten-Free Beef Mince Potjie Recipe
My boyfriend and I went to visit his dad and he gave us a potjie recipe book because my boyfriend wanted potjie. I have no idea what potjie is... layered South African stew is the closest I can describe it. I think potjie itself is a cooking pot thing? But we used a slow cooker. It takes way longer. The recipe said 1.5-2 hours, but we cooked it for about 4 or 5 hours in the slow cooker. The recipe also asked for 4kg of chuck steak but I only had just under 1kg of mince so that had to do.
Ingredients:
1kg mince/ chuck steak/ lamb
400g bacon, chopped
500g mushroom, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
7 carrots, chopped
1/2 butternut pumpkin, chopped
parsley, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
salt
pepper
  • In a frying pan, heat up the mince and flavour with salt and pepper. Remove the mince from the heat when it is cooked and place it in the slow cooker.
  • In the same frying pan, fry the bacon until it is crispy then add mushroom and onion. When the mix is cooked through, layer it on top of the mince.
  • Layer the carrots, pumpkin, parsley and lastly tomatoes on top and add salt and pepper to flavour.
  • Turn the heat to high and cook for 4 hours or until all the vegetables are soft.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment