3 Weeks of Intermittent Fasting, Kettlebell Swings and Squats

This post will be about my last 3 weeks of intermittent fasting, kettlebell swings and squats.

I have been doing 200 squats about 2-3 times a week for a while now... Probably over 6 months? I would do 4 sets of 50 and that would be my workout for the day. I used to be a competitive swimmer but I haven't been in a pool in 7 years since I moved to Australia. Since then, I have only gone running a handful of times and the gym a couple times. I wouldn't call that regular exercise since I have exercised probably about 10 times in the last 7 years.

I have started doing squats for 6 months, 2-3 times a week, and lately for the past month, kettlebell swings with a 15kg kettlebell. I have read many positive things about kettlebell swings and being the lazy person that I am with a busy schedule (read work and chores), it is the ideal exercise. For about 2-3 times a week I would do 4 sets of 15 kettlebell swings and 50 squats. It doesn't take much time and I'm done.

The first time I did kettlebell swings, it hurt my back and my legs almost died having to do my squats afterwards. I recovered after a few days. The second week I did them, it didn't hurt at all. My boyfriend attributes that to the paleo diet. Who knows, maybe it helps.

On top of all that, I have been fasting for almost 3 weeks now. I would fast during weekdays because it is easier when I am at work and we are not together cooking breakfast or out doing stuff. Dinner on Sunday would be my last meal and then on Monday I hold off eating until 1:00pm and would have plain tea or water throughout the morning. So basically I have about 6-7 hour gap during the day where I eat lunch, dinner and whatever else.

This is my 3rd and last week of intermittent fasting and it is coming to an end as it is already Thursday. I weighed myself at the end of last week and found that I have gained just under a kilo. While I have gained weight, I haven't really 'gained weight' in the sense that I got fatter. If anything, I have gotten smaller and have been able to zip up one of my jackets, that I've always had trouble zipping up, easily. I have lost weight in fat and have gained muscle weight. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. That means, 1kg of muscle is smaller than 1kg of fat - a 60kg muscly person would be smaller and slimmer than a 60kg fatty person.

My intermittent fasting journey is coming to an end again - or I may consider doing it another week. Who knows. But I have definitely seen a change in my body and while I currently weigh the heaviest I ever had, I am definitely not dressing a size bigger - in fact, I may even be a size smaller than I was. Give intermittent fasting a go and let me know how you went.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment