Coconut Oil Removes Blackheads

I have recently run out of eyecream and decided to make a blend of my own. I have read that coconut oil is very good for the skin and decided to mix myself a batch of coconut oil and vitamin E.

Week 1:
My first week using coconut oil on my face. It is nice, not too oily once it is rubbed in and absorbed. My morning routine is my normal routine:
  • Wash my face with store-bought face wash (pHisohex) and pat it dry
  • Apply store-bought toner and then normal store-bought face cream.
My night routine is the one I've changed because coconut oil leaves a thin film of oil and make up and oil do not go well together:
  • Remove my make up with store-bought make up remover (I use Neutrogena, I think it's the best. It removes all make up including eye make up and does not leave my face oily)
  • Wash my face with store-bought face wash (pHisohex) and pat my face dry.
  • Apply my coconut oil mix and rub it in gently in circular motion.
Result after Week 1:
My skin did not show much change. I have stopped using all kinds of scrubs, blackhead nose peels and even my clarisonic just to see the results. My nose still has blackheads and my fine wrinkles are still there though I am really not the most observant person in the world.

Week 2:
I read somewhere that the combination of steaming your face and applying coconut oil can help eliminate blackheads so I decided to go for it since I don't seem to be seeing any changes to my skin.
My morning routine:
  • Wash my face with store-bought face wash (pHisohex) and pat my face dry.
  • Apply store-bought toner and store-bought face cream.
My night routine:
Since I don't like wasting my time sitting around waiting for time to pass while my face is being steamed, I decided to do most of my routine in the shower.
  • Remove make up with store-bought make up remover (Neutrogena)
  • Get in the shower, apply shampoo, rinse hair, apply conditioner and wash my face with store-bought face wash (pHisohex)
  • Pat my face and hands dry. Apply my coconut oil mix to my face and eyes and gently rub it in in circular motion focusing on the chin and nose area where blackheads tend to grow for about 1-2 minutes.
  • Rinse conditioner, apply shower gel, rinse body and get out of the shower.
Result after Week 2:
Like Week 1, I did not use anything at all to treat my blackheads - not clarisonic, not scrubs and not blackhead nose peels. But wow I definitely noticed the difference this week, even for a poor observer like myself. My nose was so smooth, as if I did the nose peel on it and it has been 3 weeks since I started using coconut oil, and 2 weeks since I started this new shower routine. My nose is still so smooth and I cannot stop touching it. My boyfriend has looked at my nose last night and confirmed that the blackheads are going away. This is definitely one of the most effective ways of getting rid of blackheads and I am loving it.

You can continue to rub the coconut oil in a couple more times in the shower but I am lazy and this way is effective anyway. I just step out of the shower and leave the oil on my face as cream without applying or removing anything.

Please note that I am not a doctor so please consult your doctor before trying and you should always test prior to use in case you are allergic to coconut oil.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment