Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream

Paleo Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream Recipe
I have always loved Chocolate Hazelnut ice creams so I decided to make my own batch with a new base because the last recipe used too many eggs and it wasn't as creamy as I would like. It would have to sit out for about 10 minutes before I can start to dig in as it gets too hard. Hope this isn't going to harden too much. Guess we will find out tonight! It was delicious and creamy last night when I first made it.
 
Ingredients:
2/3 cup hazelnut, roasted
3 tbsp cacao powder
1.5 tbsp stevia
4 egg yolks
1 can coconut cream
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 medjool dates, pitted
  • Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor. I didn't grind them too much as I prefer them to be chunky.
  • In a saucepan, combine the cacao powder, stevia, egg yolks, coconut cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, medjool dates and ground hazelnuts. Bring the mix to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Let it cool down before blending the mix in a blender. I made a mistake of placing all the ground hazelnuts in the pot so my chunky hazelnuts were mostly gone by the time they came out of the blender.
  • Place it in your ice cream machine as per the manufacturer's instruction.

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment