Cheese and Mushroom Meatballs

Paleo Gluten-Free Cheese and Mushroom Meatballs 2.0 Recipe
The other night I made three different types of meatballs for dinner - Vegetable Meatballs, Sultana Meatballs and Cheese and Mushroom Meatballs.
Last time I made these, I grated the cheese and mixed it in with all the other ingredients. The cheese ended up melting off the meatballs when they were cooked which was rather disappointing. So this time, instead of mixing it in with the ingredients, I chopped them in little cubes and put it in the centre of the meatballs so they would still be cheesy and in the meatballs rather than off them!
Ingredients:
500g mince
1 cup mushroom
3/4 cup herbs (I used stuff from my backyard - parsley, basil, chives and oregano)
1 egg
2/3 cup almond meal (I didn't use this but I would recommend it so that the mix would be less soggy and the meatballs would be more solid)
cheese, cubed
salt
pepper
  • Cut the mushroom up in smaller pieces and together with the herbs, put it through the food processor until they become tiny bits.
  • Mix them in with the mince, egg, almond meal and salt and pepper.
  • Take a little portion, press a little dent in the middle and place the cubed cheese in it and roll the meat mix around it to form a ball.
  • Bake the meatballs at 180C for 15 minutes.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment