Chocolate Fruit Crepes / Chocolate Cut 2

So since my post about cutting chocolate out, I have fallen off the wagon around July. So I went on a chocolate cut for about 7 months before I decided to have some again. Some became more than some and finally my boyfriend decided I have to quit eating chocolate for a while again because according to him, I'm addicted. So my first day of no sugar no chocolate started on 29th September 2013. It had been 5 days since I last had anything sweet - Saturday, we both decided Golden Gaytime ice cream would be my final naughty dessert before I commence weaning off my sugar addiction on Sunday.
 
The first few days was alright. I brought banana to work so that I would have something sweet and not go digging in the chocolate box we have at work. Then yesterday (Thursday), someone brought cake to work. First work cake I did not have. :( and then my boss offered me Tim Tams. First time someone offered me something and I had to say no. TWICE IN A DAY! There was sugar all around me so finally I decided enough was enough. I have an addiction, I need to get off sugar but I WANT sweetness.
 
I have recently come across Pinterest, and they have amazing paleo recipes on there. I found this crepes recipe and used it as an inspiration and made my own version! Delicious. Last night was also the last night my boyfriend would be home before he went on a car cruise over the weekend so I decided to make us a little treat for dessert before he went off. It is amazing. It's not very sweet, but sweet enough to help with sugar cravings and it is healthy!
 
Ingredients:
2 tbsp almond meal
3 eggs
1/2 cup coconut cream/ coconut milk
1/2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp stevia
1 tbsp vanilla extract
coconut oil
fresh fruit
cinnamon powder
cream (optional)
  • Beat the eggs and mix the almond meal, coconut cream, cacao powder, stevia vanilla extract, and cinnamon powder together.
  • In a frying pan, heat up some coconut oil on medium heat and pour in a thin layer of the mix. Swish the frying pan around slowly to help spread the mix.
  • Cook it for about a minute or two or until the batter starts drying up and stays in one piece and flip it with your spatula. Cook it for another minute and serve with cut fruits, cinnamon and cream.
  • If you don't want cream, you can make your own sauce with cacao powder and honey and drizzle it on top.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment