Kimchi Fried Rice

It has been a three months since I posted anything. The weather has been too hot for me to garden or cook anything new. My movement around the house has been minimal.

Since it's been much cooler this week, today, I made this delicious dish I haven't made in over 2 years. In Canberra, I used to go to korean restaurants a lot and they would give you kimchi as a side dish. I don't like sour, so I don't really like the taste of it. But I would bring the little box of kimchi home and cook my own kimchi fried rice the next day! Because it's mixed with everything else, it doesn't taste as sour.

I've been wanting to cook this for the mister for a while now, but never got the chance to. Then last week, my bestfriend coincidentally cooked this dish and sent me a picture of it. It had an egg and some seaweed on it. I've never cooked mine with egg before but the presentation looked so good I decided to follow it!

The egg was the cherry on the icing. It made the whole dish taste so good! My boyfriend loved it and we agreed it's one of the best dishes I have made in a while. It's not totally paleo because of the rice, but you can always substitute it with cauliflower rice. I have failed making cauliflower rice in the past and I didn't want to ruin this dish so I only cooked a small amount and put a lot of meat in it.

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cubed
2 cups mushroom
450g kimchi
1 cup rice
1/2 cup banana prawns, peeled and halved
1/2 cup mussels
1 egg
salt and pepper
  • In a frying pan, cook the chicken breasts until browned. Add in the mushrooms and let it simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
  • Add the kimchi and stir until mixed. Add the rice.
  • When everything is mixed together, mix in the prawns and mussels.
  • Fry an egg in a separate frying pan and have it with your kimchi fried rice!
Note: the rice is better if cooked the night before and refridgerated

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment