Vegetable Bake

So this vegetable bake isn't Paleo 1.0 with all the cheese in it, but dairy is Paleo 2.0 and it is just too good to not have it in our lives. We have milk, cheese, cream and yoghurt everyday. So good!
 
I recently had a training course at AIM WA and the lunch that they provided us with was really good. The vegetable bake was one of those delicious foods they made and I wanted to make it myself. So I threw in the vegetables we had in the house, made my cream sauce and tadaa!
 
I did discover that I had to triple the recipe I found because it wasn't enough to coat all my vegetables. This was quite enough for the bake I made because the cooked vegetables produced more water so your bake doesn't necessarily have to be drowning in cream sauce when you put it in the oven.
 
Ingredients:
vegetables (zucchini, sweet potato, mushrooms, broccoli)
6 tbsp / 150g butter
6 tbsp cornflour
1 cup cream
3 cups milk
grated cheese (optional)
salt
pepper
nutmeg
herbs
  • Cut up the vegetables in chunks and boil the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. If you eat the broccoli stems like we do, I would suggest boiling that along with the sweet potatoes to soften it before you stick it in the oven.
  • Place all the vegetables in your oven dish.
  • In a saucepan, melt butter and then add corn flour. Mix well.
  • Add the milk and cream in the butter mix over medium heat stirring constantly.
  • When the sauce is thickening, add in grated cheese, salt and pepper, nutmeg and herbs.
  • Once the sauce has thickened, pour it over vegetables in the baking dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
  • If you like more cheese, sprinkle more grated cheese on top after 30 minutes and bake for another 10 minutes.
  •  

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment