Pistachio Macaron

With all the sugar it requires, this really isn't paleo. But it is gluten-free and it is delicious! I don't think you can ever make macaron without sugar because it is the sugar that gives it its texture. So good. I love it. My boyfriend and I finished it over the weekend :( I crave for it every week but I can't make it every week or we will become so fat!
 
Ingredients:
Pistachio Mixture
2/3 cup pistachio nuts
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg white
small pinch of salt
 
Meringue
1 egg white
1 cup icing sugar
25g water
green food colouring (optional. I didn't use any)
  • Bake pistachios in a preheated oven at 150C for 3 minutes.
  • Grind warm pistachios with icing sugar in food processor
  • Mix pistachio mix with 1 egg white and salt. Set aside.
  • Beat egg white until medium peaks.
  • Cook sugar and water until it starts bubbling or 118C, pour it into egg whites with beaters running on low speed.
  • Beat meringue until stiff and glossy on high speed
  • Stir 1/3 of meringue into pistachio mix.
  • Pour pistachio mix into meringue and fold until batter is able to fall without trace after a count to 10.
  • Place batter into a piping bag. Pipe dollops of batter onto a lined baking tray.
  • Bake at 150C for 14 minutes or until golden.
  • Remove from tray with paper and let it rest on a rack to cool down.
  • Peel macarons off and pair them with similar sizes. Keep air tight until time to fill.
  • Pipe a blob of filling onto one macaron and top with another piece.
  • Serve immediately or keep chilled.
Note: I mixed cream cheese, butter and icing sugar for the filling.

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. these look so good! you can come over and make some for me!

    ReplyDelete