My Chocolate Cut


On NYE, one of my resolutions was to stop eating so much chocolate. Give me a whole bar and I will finish it in one day. To stop eating chocolate was a little too ambitious, because come on, it’s chocolate! Who can resist them? So I decided I was going to stop buying chocolate. Today is 8 March and I still haven’t bought a bar of chocolate this year, though I have bought a few too many bottle of chocolate milk. But that’s chocolate milk so it doesn’t count. Of course I’ve had a couple pieces when my friends or colleagues offer them, but I’ve only had about less than 5 pieces this year. So I think it is a great accomplishment!

I have to say normally cutting out chocolate is quite difficult for me. But for some reason, maybe it’s the beginning of a new year, but something about starting on 1/1 made it easier. Once you stop having it for about 2 weeks, you stop craving it. And then it gets easier, though I haven’t really craved it at all since I’ve decided to cut it. I have been drinking chocolate milk though, so that may have helped. I am not sure about how I feel about not having chocolate everyday. I certainly did not save more by not buying chocolate since I bought other foods to replace it (i.e. salmon, chia seeds), and those are certainly not cheap! But I am pretty happy with the progress I have made. Maybe soon I will let myself buy a bar of chocolate when I decide I am good enough to not binge eat the entire bar in one sitting!

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment