Surf and Turf with Baked Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Mash

Paleo Gluten-Free Surf and Turf with Baked Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Most weekends my boyfriend would buy a whole lot of steak, lamb chops and ribs. He would them cook them on the barbie on sunday when we have our sunday barbecue with our housemates and we would put the leftovers in the fridge. I would then heat up the leftover meat the next couple dinners and cook something on the side. Last week was Surf and Turf with spinach from the garden... Monday, it was Surf and Turf with spinach and baked sweet potatoes. Tuesday night was Taco night. My boyfriend cooked that for the house but I forgot to take a picture of it. Last night, I heated up the steak and served up Sruf and Turf with Baked Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Mash!
 
Have you ever had sweet potato with sour cream? It is absolutely delicious! And the mash... I've never imagined it to be good because I personally don't like cauliflower. I think it tastes like nothing... but this mash is an absolute delight.
 
Baked Sweet Potato
Wash the sweet potato and wrap it in foil. Bake in the oven at 180C for an hour or until it is softened. Remove from the foil and cut it vertically in half. Serve with sour cream.
 
Cauliflower Mash
Ingredients:
1 cauliflower
milk
salt
pepper
  • Chop the cauliflower in pieces and wrap with foil.
  • Bake in the oven at 180C for an hour to an hour and a half or until it is soft.
  • Place the cauliflower pieces in a blender and add milk, salt and pepper and blend.
 
I baked the cauliflower and sweet potato in the same foil because I am lazy. It doesn't affect anything. I am going to try and add in some herbs. This was my first time and I forgot I have a whole heap of parsleys, chives, oregano and basil in the backyard. Excited to try it again!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment