Cashew Cake

Paleo Gluten-Free Cashew Cheeseless Cheese Cake Recipe
I came across this recipe online and thought ‘hm… this looks like cheesecake…’ Looked at the recipe… there’s no cheese! Decided I’d give it a go anyway… Tried the end product and let my friends and boyfriend have a taste of it… Looks like cheesecake, tastes…kinda like cheesecake… must be cheesecake! NOPE!

You have to try it to believe me. Or you could just stick to this Oreo Cheesecake recipe that is in no way Paleo at all. It’s got cheese and oreo in it.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews (soaked for at least 24 hours)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Crust:
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup flaked coconut
  • Blend all crust ingredients together until they are breadcrumb consistency.
  • Press crust mix in the bottom of the pan, making sure it doesn’t go up the sides.
  • Blend cake ingredients. Filling should be super creamy and not chunky to feel like cheesecake.
  • Spoon filling into pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Note: this recipe broke my food processor when I tried to pulse the crust ingredients. Try chopping up the ingredients into smaller pieces in case they break yours… or maybe mine is just cheap… it did only cost me about $20. I then had to blend the rest of my ingredients in a blender because my food processor was useless. I did have to portion the cake mix and blend them separately to make sure it would come out smooth. Make sure to soak the cashews for at least 24 hours. The second time I make this, I was so impatient, the mix came out chunky and it wasn’t as good as the first time I made it.

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment